National Chung Hsing University (NCHU) was chartered by the Japanese colonial administration in 1919 under name of Advanced Academy of Agronomy and Forestry. With the efforts of many, the university established two branches in Taipei in 1964 and in Taichung in 1968. Continuing to grow, in 1971 the university was recognized as a public university and was approved the name change to National Chung Hsing University. In February 2000, the branch in Taipei merged with newly established National Taipei University. The same year the university established the College of Social Science & Management, the predecessor of the College of Management. At present, NCHU has 8 colleges, including College of Liberal Arts, College of Science, College of Engineering, College of Life Sciences, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Management and College of Law and Politics.
In 2006, NCHU received the grand from the Ministry of Education’s “Aiming for the Top University and Elite Research Center Development Plan” and is in the top 500 universities in the world and top 100 in Asia. The College has received funding as part of the plan for two projects to deliver innovative business teaching and learning. In the future, with the MOE’s grants, NCHU will invest in cutting-edge research and recruit outstanding personnel so as to become Taiwan’s top-tier researcher and world-class university.